Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hippo update

So the surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday. My Tice (and little Tycen) are working on coming out to nurse me back to health (no RN requirement, I'm easy).

What's slightly frightening was when I reclined on the examining room paper bed and exposed my tummy for the hottie sugeon he took one look at my deformed belly and said, "let me see if I can squeeze you in tomorrow. That looks like it hurts, I'm not even going to touch it."

He's too busy tomorrow. Tuesday will have to do. I'm supposed to go to the ER if the skin over the hernia looks gray. Ummmm, gray isn't a color that should exist on anyone who's breathing, no?

5 comments:

Peter Piper said...

"let me see if I can squeeze you in tomorrow" - the beginnings of a bad joke I would think.

natalie said...

I hope Tice can make it out there so she can take care of our Sally-kins!!!!
Next time you see hottie surgeon, take a picture of him and send it to me... just so I can get a vivid image of your procedure in my mind of course.

Tice said...

I agree with Natalie. But maybe if I'm there I can meet said Dr. Hottie or is it Dr. Evenhotter...or Dr. Lickable...

ps- Peter piper always did have a way of squeezing in the beginnings of a bad joke. ie. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers...so many beginnings of bad jokes...so little time to end any of them.

Peter Piper said...

@Tice: are you trying to turn my God-given name into some sort of dirty limerick?

For shame!

Lori said...

Poor thing! Guess I better not try Pilates at the Y! I'm going for easy water aerobics!