Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bits O' Wisdom

Listen up people. Let me share a little something with you. Life AIN'T perfect. So, all you bloggers out there who try to portray a perfect little life where everything is cherry pie and happiness: I'm calling you on your boring-ness and your lies. Stop telling us about the perfect stuff and tell us about the real stuff. You know, the stuff that life is really made of.


I was chatting with my darling cousin 'Melia today and sha said she regretted this post: Yum! Fiber One Bars to which I said to "No way, that's the stuff life is really about! It's the human experience!" Keep the posts coming 'Melia! Can I get an amen up in here?


Now, maybe my view of life is somewhat skewed. My work (a pediatric RN) has me up to my elbows in the human experience at times, forcing me to find humor and amazement in things normal people may not (more on that later, should my fans demand it). And, perhaps my inabilty to stay married also helps me to realize that our flaws as humans are inevitable. That's the good stuff. It's proof that God has one wickedly fantastical sense of humor and He wants us to find joy in our imperfections.

I'm not saying that blogging should always be about bodily noices and odors. I'm also not saying it's okay to always air your dirty laundry over the internet. Use discretion, please. People, please stop taking yourselves sooooo seriously. Stop, rejoice and thank the heavens above for not being perfect!

5 comments:

natalie said...

Amen!
@ 'Melia- Your fiber one bars post was the highlight of my day! You should never regret something that brings me such laughter-it's not natural!
I agree with Sally-kins, life would be so boring if we weren't a little screwy! That's what makes us so fun!
Speaking of the crazies,
my word verification is: wnjot

Tice said...

Amen and hallelujah to that!

@'Melia - ditto on what Natalie said. That Fiber One post had me laughing like no other.

Trent and Amelia said...

Thank you for the amens!

And Sally I love this post, I could not agree with you anymore! Thanks for the 'bit of wisdom' and you let me know if my posts become too optimistic- I wouldn't want anyone to be misled...

Sally Sirmans (Walker?) said...

@ Amelia: I hate to break it to you, but you come from a long line of *not too happy* woman. So,it's not in your nature to be too happy. So sorry. Long line of crazies run in the fam.

natalie said...

he wisdom me, he wisdom my dawg...
thank you Jeff Foxworthy!

my verification word is: cqzxjoet