Monday, February 11, 2008

Much ado about the crocs

Okay, peeps listen up! On defense of the yellow crocs. (Ahem, April I'm talking to you:) I am a pediatric RN. The crocs are supposed to only be for work. (I must be fun dressed for the kiddies). I own about 10 pairs of crocs mainly in fun colors: green, yellow, red, pink, lavendar, etc... I wear them at work because crocs are are very good for my feet and back. They also match my very fun scrubs. I am also proud to say that I own countless jibbitz to bling up my crocs. I can't tell you how many 2 year olds I have won over with those jibbitz! Those 2 year olds can be a tough crowd, you know. Jibbitz come in handy!

None of the crocs are supposed to be worn in every day life. However, the ox was in the mire on Saturday. Meaning: the yellow crocs were closest to me at the moment of departure.

7 comments:

natalie said...

Crocs are super! Do I need to send you a autism ribbon jibbit, or do you already rock one?

Peter Piper said...

OK, so it's up to me to post the question that all the lurkers are silently asking:

What the hell are jibbitz?

Perhaps a photo of your Crocs decked out in all their jibbitz-fied glory would help us out with this quandary.

Grandma Gerri said...

You can get them at the Fashion Place Mall. Do you want me to pick one up for you?

april said...

ok, sally, i can understand wearing them for the kids. and i do love my crocs; they are super comfy, so i understand the passion for crocs. i don't have problems with jibbitz (once again for the kids -i'm sure they love that and i'm pretty sure i know what jibbitz are), but i meant serious bling. this mature woman had gems on her crocs. i think that even you would stipulate that crocs and gems don't mix.

in other words, you've humbled me and my apologies since it's for the kiddies, but just since it's for the kiddies.

Tice said...

I can see how the jibbitz would win over the little peeps.

@ peter piper- pay a visit to jibbitz.com sometime when you're bored to get up to speed.

Lori said...

I think crocs are fantastic in any color. However, mine are the conservative color of navy (and no jibitz'." But that's just me!

Sally Sirmans (Walker?) said...

@at April: I say absolutely not to the gems and crocs. Those two worlds should NOT collide.