Friday, March 14, 2008

For the love of my life

I saw you yesterday. You were looking better than ever. And oh, how good you smelled. I could only say hi for a second. You have a mystical power over me. You draw me in like a moth to a flame. I get lost in your beauty, your smell and your strength. So, I had to be fast or I would be putty in your hands.

I remember when we met. It was Autumn 1997. 11 years, it's been! It was love at first sight. You took my breath away. I get tingly just thinking about it. It was a magical moment.

I have to stay away right now 'cause you've done me wrong. You drain me emotionally and financially. And you do it on purpose. You know how weak I am. I can't resist you. You are sooooo selfish! Always take, take, take!!! What about my needs?

Don't cry. We'll be together again. Someday. Under controlled circumstances.

6 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

I'll bet Nat can't do that! But I'm sure you will be together again.

natalie said...

Sally, I'm crushed. The Target is a girls best friend, a place of surprise and comfort. You can still go in and just visit, you don't have to buy anything.
You are a strong woman, I could NEVER go through with it.

Tice said...

A heartbreaking tale of true love. It was riveting, moving and inspiring.

And all I can say is this: It's hard to let go of the love of your life. Darn near impossible.

I commend you on your strength and ability to endure. I'm pretty sure if I were faced with that situation I would be too weak to let go.

Peter Piper said...

Sally and Target, sitting in a tree.
K - I - S - S
I - I - N - G
First comes love...
Then comes marriage...
Then come the four-thousand pound credit card bill in the bay carriage

(sorry)

Impossible indeed.

Peter Piper said...

(evidently, I can't spell. Oh, well. Your American-style English isn't my first tongue anyway.)

Amanda said...

ha ha. What is it with Target?...their return policy is outragious and even after yelling (and you know I don't usually do that) and still not being able to return something without a receipt because it is $2 over their limit...I still end up buying something that I don't need the same day at the same Target?! What the heck?! I am addicted to your same love!