Monday, November 3, 2008

I Have the Most Adorable Mom. Ever. Ever. Ever.





I have had the pleasure of my parents living near me for this semester. We have had an enjoyable time together. One of our grand adventures has been me and Mom picking out new glasses for her.
For those of you who do not know the infamous Elaine Sirmans let me enlighten you before I continue. She is quite possibly the nicest person you'll ever meet. She is beautiful. She has a sense of style that is a bit eccentric and unique. It's perfect for her. She's obssessed with the color green. Obssessed. As an example of her unique-ness: this summer she added green racing stripes and magnolia graphics to her car. Love it!
Anyway, much to our satisfaction, we found an eyeglass place where they do custom work. So, we built her glasses from the ground up. Please note the scalloped edges, the green to pink tinting and most importantly the vine *tattoos*. Aren't they perfect? They scream Elaine Sirmans.

8 comments:

natalie said...

They ARE perfect for her!

Tice said...

I love her eccentricities. She *is* the most adorable mom. Ever. Ever. Evah.

Lori said...

Look at that! I had no idea such glasses existed. What will they come up with next?

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Love, love, love the glasses.

Melanie J said...

Hi, girl. Glad I found your blog. I don't remember your mom too well (and every fiber of my being remembers that no one remembers me before the age of 16) but I think we'd get along great because I have a pair of orange and purple glasses with rhinestones and I totally dig them. Hers sound cool.

Melanie J said...

Snort. That was supposed to say every fiber HOPES that no one remembers me but I forgot to proofread.

Anonymous said...

My sister is really cool....I thought I was the cool one when buying my Chinese 2008 Olympic red glasses in China. But I'm just plain boring boring boring. I can't keep up with my sister...never have, never will...guess it is time to face the facts...It's going to be interesting to see how I handle this problem when she is actually living in Tallahassee with me...Oh well, such is life. Just deal with it!!!!