Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How can I be such an intelligent person, but so blonde at the same time?

My apartment has been unusually cold the last few days. I've noticed that the heat has been on almost constantly. Oh well, I said to myself. It must be colder outside.
Nope, blog friends. I realized that I left my sliding glass door slightly open. Since Saturday. It's Wednesday. It's snowing. Did I mention that I live on the first floor and my sliding glass door faces a very busy street? I am required to walk by this door on my way to the kitchen, dining and laundry. I also sat on the couch quite a bit which is 5 paces from the door. Sheesh.

p.s. While we're on the subject of hair (sort of) why can't I find a bobby pin that's worth a darn these days? They just don't make them like they used to.

4 comments:

natalie said...

Bobby pins really don't work as well anymore. I'm glad you brought this to everyones attention. I lurve that you didn't notice the cold drafts while you were chillaxin on the couch. LUVER IT! You are brilliant, and brillitant people can have a slip up every once in a while. Me thinks you've been tired, no? :)

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

That beats my story. I was wondering why it was cold in my house, and that my fingers wouldn't work on the computer. I finally realized the heater was set on 60!
By the way, it has nothing to do with being blonde! It's like Natalie said, we are T-I-R-E-D!

Elaine said...

You love fresh air, do you? Very healthy! Good thinking!

Karen said...

Well, speaking of heat...we have had no heat for two weeks. This ole house lost it heater when it turned cold and we turned it up. Good thing we bought an electric heater a few weeks before....we keep one room warm with it and run to the bed at night to only sleep soooooooooooooooo good!!