Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Mom Quiz

1. Was your first pregnancy planned? no

2. Were you married at the time? Just barely

3. What were your reactions? I was genuinely surprised that sex resulted in pregnancy (duh), he was very excited about being a Daddy.

4. Was abortion an option for you? no

5. How old were you? 18

6. How did you find out you were pregnant? Home test, I was maybe a day overdue

7. Who did you tell first? Kevin (my brand new husband, now ex-husband)

8. Did you want to find out the sex? No way! I was convinced she was a he!

9. Due date? November 4, 1994

10. Did you have morning sickness? Horribly, I didn't know what had hit me.

11. What did you crave? No substitutions: Taco Bell soft tacos (no lettuce, with mild sauce), Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza (personal size only) and Dr. Pepper (don't judge me)

12. What irritated you? The smell of Kevin's deoderant and cologne, the smell of the garage and riding in a car.

13. What was your first child's sex? Girl!

14. Did you wish you had the opposite sex of what you were getting? No Way!

15. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? (gulp) 90 pounds

16. Did you have a baby shower? Yes-1 from work, 1 from church

17. Was the shower a surprise or did you know about it? I was surprised about the work one.

18. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Gestastional diabetes and the day before I delivered I lost the peripheral vision in one of my eyes

19. Where did you give birth? Cottonwood Hospital in Murray, Utah

20. How many hours were you in labor? about 2 hours after being induced

21. Who drove you to the hospital? Kevin, it was a beautiful day

22. Who watched you give birth? Kevin and the hospital staff

23. Was it natural or C-Section? Natural but almost C-section because the cord was around the baby's neck. I have the hips to birth an elephant so she was out in 3 pushes.

24. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Heck yes, I lurve epidurals. They are proof that God loves us.

25. How much did your child weigh? 6 pounds 7 ounces

26. When was your child actually born? October 18, 1994 (which was my baby sister's 16th birthday--weird, no?)

27. What did you name him/her? Kelly Mackenzie (Kelly is the first half of Kevin's name and the last half of mine)

1 comment:

natalie said...

I love that you had to have your very own personal sized pizza, such a preggy diva. ;) And yikes about the diabetes!!It gives me the heebeegeebees just thinking about it. I love Kelly, and I'm glad she's here!
Your answer to #24 is priceless, and quite true actually...