Monday, March 2, 2009

Conversation of the day. Dog Hotel version.

Howdy all. Tice here. Sally's making me write this post for no reason other than apparent laziness on her part. I will now recount a conversation between Sally and a kennel as it was told to me verbatim. She's boarding the dogges whilst she's in Flowridah. I'd like you to keep in mind that throughout this conversation, Sally sounds like a mom shopping for preschool.

Sally: "So..I hear you do boarding?"
Kennel guy: "Uh, yes we do."
Sally: "Can you tell me about that program?"
Kennel guy: "Sure. Uh, well, we watch your dogs while you go on vacation."
Sally: "Well, what are the living quarters like?"
Kennel guy: "Well, for your dogs, you could do a large kennel where they'd be together or a dog run where they'd be together and can run around."
Sally: "How often are they let out of the cages?"
Kennel guy: "They are walked a minimum of two times per day."
Sally: "What if they're more needy than that?"
Kennel guy: "They'll be fine. I board my dogs here when I go on vacation. They'll be fine."
Sally: "How does the food work? Is it a bring your own dog food situation?"
Kennel guy: "Well, you can if they have a special diet but the price includes food."
Sally: "Well, what brand is it?"
Kennel guy: "Hold please. Let me ask. *pause in conversation* Science Diet."
Sally: "Well, what if it gives them diarrhea or other GI upset?"
Kennel guy: "We'll deal with it."
Sally: "Oh. Um...what if they cry?"
Kennel guy: (more annoyed this time around) "They'll be fine."
Sally: "What if their shots aren't up to date?"
Kennel guy: "Well, we recommend you bring them in a week ahead of time to get that taken care of."
Sally: "Alright. I'd like to book a kennel. But can I call and check on them?"
Kennel guy: "Uh...sure. If you want to."

7 comments:

Sally Sirmans said...

I'm still a little nervous about this. Much like when I dropped Kelly of the kindergarten at the crazy Christian school when she was still 4. Nobody can love my babies, human or dog, the way I do. Sigh.

Thanks for the post. I'm tired today.

Sally Sirmans said...

dropped Kelly off at ...not of the.....told you I was tired.

natalie said...

Ha. Poor mama. I can imagine this is a very difficult decision for you. But no worries. :They'll be fine"

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

What a good Mama you are! I love the "Can you tell me about the PROGRAM..." That is great!

Trent and Amelia said...

Its a good thing Tice took the time to document this conversation because it was a good one, it made me laugh. love it! I hope it works out for you, but if you get bad feelings about it the day before, just let me know :)

Sweet Pea said...

"They'll be fine." I love how you said, "What if they start to cry?"

Elaine said...

Ah, such a good mama! I'd like to know the guy's reaction to this phone call!