Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Perfect Mother's Day/Engagement Gift




I got myself an early Mother's Day gift and I love it! I stumbled across this website recently and fell in love with the hand stamped rings.

Tice told me it could be our engagement ring. I know that some of you aren't keen on Tice and me talking about how we're engaged but...we think it's funny. So continue we shall. I told her she should get a ring with her kids names on it but she declined giving the reason that she likes to be sans jewelry if at all possible.

I, however, need evidence of our commitment. And I love a good reason to buy something shiny.

I told Tice this afternoon that I should've put the names of my dogges on the ring. She reminded me, though, that I have been the proud owner of five dogs plus Lola's other four puppies, ergo...I need a fatter finger because I can't find room for the following names on one ring: Lola, Tazzy, Sadie, Obi, Lily, Heidi, Chubby, Zoe and SeƱor Poopypants. I can haz handstamped ankle bracelets?

ps-It came in the cutest packaging and I'm a sucker for anything that comes in cute packaging. You could send me a sock in cute packaging and I'd be peachy pleased. Oh and it arrived to my doorstep in days. *And* it's a mom and pop company. Silverlime, you now have my devoted patronage.

3 comments:

natalie said...

Now it's official, yeah! Her all stars, and your fancee bling make an outstanding duo.
So pretty. I lurve it! I've wanted something similar, but in a necklace form.
And I'm gonna adopt your use of peachy pleased. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in my insides.

Trent and Amelia said...

I love it! and their website is so cute, I could just about order one of everything if I had the money. Thanks for sharing the link and the pictures of your adorable new ring

Tice said...

As I think of you buying your own engagement ring *and* my engagement chuck taylors...I can't help but sing "White Trash Wedding" in my mind. Proudly, of course. I sing it proudly.

"You can't afford no ring...you can't afford no ring...I shouldn't be wearin' white and you can't afford no ring...Mama don't approve...Mama don't approve...Daddy says he's the best in town and Mama don't approve."

Ha. I love that song.