Monday, April 13, 2009

Picture This

Me and Kelly. Friday afternoon. Alone in the lobby of the local Orem Jiffy Lube for Bernice's well-deserved oil change. There is a loverly TV for my amusement. I find something that peeks my interest. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Love that show. 5 gay men helping a sadly dressed straight man. Beautiful concept. In walks in a Mom with 3 toddler-ish aged kids.

Kelly: "Mom, don't you think we should change the channel to something more, uh, kid friendly?"
Me: "What's wrong with this show? Fine, change it if you want to." (As I'm thinking *whatever, I was totally here first. I pick the show. Fair's fair.*)

Kelly changes the channel to Disney.

Mom of the 3 kids: "Thanks for changing the channel. My kids love Disney."
Kelly: "Yeah, sure thing. Sorry about that...my Mom is kinda weird."

Good thing Kelly is the voice of reason in my life. Where would I be without her?

2 comments:

tice said...

Ha. I love this story. "Sorry my mom is weird." Same thing Kylie tells people all the time.

natalie said...

Clap. Clap. That was indeed the best story of the week. ha! Kelly is so responsible. And you're lovely just the way you are.